Some ideas to inspire you.
1. Look up. What’s happening in the sky right now? Grab a big brush and make big sweeping marks to express a sky. Give it a very low horizon with hardly any land.
2. Look down. Paint a picture of your feet or your shoes. Van gogh did a great painting of muddy boots.
3. Look small. What small object is near you that could be interesting to paint. Paint it way bigger than life.
4. Look inside. What’s in your fridge that might be fun to paint? Set up a still life. Cut that fruit or vegetable in half and include some of the inside of it in the painting too.
5. Look for flowers. Go to your garden or a store and get yourself some nice flowers. You might even paint them.
6. Look colourful. Precoat your canvas with a colour you love. Let that dry then work on top using complimentary colours. (Research complimentary colours if needed.) Be careful to leave some of the undercolour showing everywhere.
7. Look happy. What makes you smile? Paint it.
8. Look serious. What issues concern you? Can you paint them?
9. Have fun. What do you love to do? Can you paint that? Or can you paint how it makes you feel?
10. Don’t wait for the muse – just paint and the muse will blush when it catches up to you!