Art classes are like an amazing world unto themselves. Walking into an art class is like going to my happy place – everytime! You might be thinking – really? Are you kidding – everytime? Yes, really, everytime. Here are some of the reasons why:
1. Creative people are supportive people, not critical people. When we get together, it’s a chance to cheer each other on. It’s a place where encouragement happens all the time.
2. Art is about you, not about me. That means I want to encourage you to find your own unique expression in art. Your personal approach to art is what makes it great. Just like your signature is your own, your art style will become your own too. I am not in the business of making clones!
3. Art class is a guilt free zone. Life gets in the way of art often – for all of us. When you come to my art classes, I’m very happy if you have had time to do some work during the week but if you haven’t – absolutey no guilt! Zero. If your life is busy and all the time you have to paint or draw is the 2.5 hours of a class per week, then I am happy to facilitate that for you.
4. When you really get creative, you leave every worry and concern behind. It’s like an instant holiday for your brain – but without any expensive plane ticket.
5. I know what I am doing. I have been teaching art for over 17 years now. Right from the first I was aware that, as a teacher, my ability to communicate is just as important as my ability to make good art. Over the years, I’ve continued to hone both skills. If a painting technique or composition topic is difficult, I continually search for new ways to explain and reinforce it.
6. There is always something else to try, something else to learn. That applies to me too. It also means that art classes don’t get boring. I would need several lifetimes to try all the different techniques and subjects that I would like to paint.
These are just a few of the reasons that I love art classes. It’s a wonderful world!