Sign up for Cheryl O’s free Art News emails. NOTE: There will be a potential special bonus just for this drawing course inside the art newsletters that arrive every Tuesday morning, just for the next few weeks!
Drawing for Painters – Plus a Splash of Colour
(2 courses in 1!)
Drawing for Painters:
- A 10 week course that starts Feb 15, 2021. Last day April 23
- Every Monday a teaching video that is downloadable for forever access.
- Each of the first 8 weeks focus on 1 or 2 specific drawing concepts and give related exercises.
- Fridays will be splash of colour day to introduce line and wash techniques.
- The last 2 weeks will focus on line and wash techniques.
- Held on a private interactive website: post your work (just if you want to), put encouraging comments on other’s work.
- Questions can be posted into the website for Cheryl O and her team to answer.
- Once per week Zooms with Cheryl and the other students to be sure all your questions are answered.
Goals for this course:
- Inspire you to draw 5 days per week for 30 minutes. Some days may need less, and some a bit more.
- Learn practical ways to be creative with drawing that can be transferred to your paintings.
- Improve your skill in the following areas: dynamic lines, shading, negative space, lost edges, perspective, and more.
- Learn the fun and freedom of a splash of colour with line and wash techniques.
- Show and grow your art with an encouraging group. We are here to cheer each other on!
Who is it for?
- Beginners and intermediate artists should both feel at home in this course.
- NO PREVIOUS LESSONS (in drawing or painting) OR TALENT REQUIRED.
- As mentioned, ideally you would have 30 minutes, 5 days per week, to benefit the most from this course. Some days may be less, some more. That said, it is a guilt free zone!
Who is it NOT for:
- Anyone who teaches art – even just part time.
- Also please note: head and shoulders portraits are NOT covered in this course. Portraits is a full course on it’s own – another time.
- To draw with: three 4B pencils, 1 HB pencil, 1 piece of sanguine chalk or sanguine soft conte (you can buy a single piece at an art store), white chalk (children’s chalk is fine), willow charcoal, 2 black Sharpie markers one fine tip and one extra fine tip, some white Hold-It or Sticky Tac (that stuff they use to put posters on a wall) for an eraser, a ruler, any type of pencil sharpener.
- You will need: lots of scrap paper for practice (really lots – you don’t need to use a good sketch book for practice). The back of used computer paper is fine, or buy a cheap paper pad at least 8″ x 11″. Other surfaces: 6 sheets of black construction paper (you could get an inexpensive pack at a craft store), 1 piece of pastel paper in a medium gray colour, 1 piece of pastel paper in a medium brown colour, a small pad of watercolour paper 9″ x 12″ (hot pressed if available, but cold pressed will work too), optional – a sketch book at least 8.5″ x 11″.
- For adding colour, you just need ONE of the following, in at least the 3 primary colours – red, yellow, blue: watercolour paint, acrylic paint (fluid acrylic is best, but any kind can work), inks, coloured pencils, pastels.
10 Week Course beginning February 15, last day is April 23. Registration is now open – links below.
Canadian Citizens – Regular price $350.00 CAD special introductory offer = $287.00 + tax
Payment in U.S. Dollars – Regular price $268. USD special introductory offer = $217.00