1. FEE: There is a non-refundable $15.00 (includes HST) fee for the 1st accepted painting, and $10 each for additional accepted paintings.
2. HOW TO PREPARE THE ARTWORK FOR THE SHOW:
All art must be ready to hang. Works on paper must be matted, backed with foam core and fully framed with glass and wire. Works on prestretched canvas do not have to be framed but if unframed, must be painted around the edges and ready to hang (wire on the back). Bring printed labels as well (see #3 below). Paintings that are not ready to hang and properly labeled when delivered will not be hung up at the show.
3. LABELS: Cheryl will give you a sheet of painting labels. These can be run through your printer, or neatly hand printed.
Each label should be clearly marked with the following:
PRICE: (or mark NOT FOR SALE). Remember the library takes 15% commission on sales.
4. DELIVER paintings to Westmount Library: Wednesday May 30 between 6 & 7 p.m. A friend may do this too.
5. PICK UP: Paintings remain for the month of June. They need to be picked up by the artists Saturday June 30 at 4:00 p.m. If you cannot pick your work up at the set time, please assign a friend or family member to do it for you. Give them a signed list that shows the title and media of each of your works that they will be picking up.
- A.The usual is to ask the purchaser if they would be willing to leave the item on the wall till the show ends. There will be red sold stickers in the back of the guest book at the library. You should go and put a sold sticker on the labels of your paintings that sell. You also arrange with the purchaser to meet them at the library on the last day of the show to take payment and give them the painting.
- B.If this does not suit them (maybe it is a gift, or they are from out of town), then you could meet them at the library to receive payment and give them the painting immediately. In this case, you need to let the library know, because they will notice that a painting is missing. Please also call Cheryl to let her know (519-649-1356) about any paintings that you are taking down before June 30.
7. PERCENTAGE COMMISSION TO LIBRARY: Bring cash with you on June 30 that equals 15% of your sales (exact change please). Cheryl will then put that into an envelope for the library and give it to them that day.
8. INVITATIONS: Cheryl will be printing up invitations and giving at least 9 of these to each participant. You may request more. If you are not currently in class, arrange to pick up extras prior to a class.
9. RECEPTION (MEET THE ARTISTS): The success of this show highly depends on you each asking your friends and family to the reception afternoon, Saturday June 02, 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. I can’t emphasize enough how important this is. Each participant is encouraged to be present at the opening if at all possible. The majority of sales happen on this day. This allows you to collect payment at that time, and also check if the purchaser would mind leaving the piece on the wall for the duration of the show.
NOTE: Every reasonable effort will be made to take care of the art, but the library and/or Cheryl O cannot be responsible for any accidental loss or damage related to this show. The library does not insure or supervise the art while it is in their possession. ARTWORK IS LEFT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
10. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: I need 2 or 3 volunteers to help hang the show on Friday June 1 from 9 am to about noon, and others to bring refreshments for the opening on Saturday June 02.
QUESTIONS? Please feel free to contact me at 519-649-1356 or email email@example.com. I am looking forward to another great show!
SUMMARY OF DATES
- Deliver paintings PLUS labels to library – Wednesday May 30 between 6 & 7 pm
- Show is hung on Friday June 1
- Show opening reception (meet the artists) Saturday June 02, 1-3 pm
- Pick up paintings Saturday June 30, 4 pm – bring cash equal to 15% of sales